Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The best thing I can do for my child


Coach Schwartz, one of my high school teachers, shared this quote.  It is talking of mothers but I think the word parents could be substituted.  :)

"Let mothers come to Jesus with their perplexities. They will find grace sufficient to aid them in the management of their children. The gates are open for every mother who would lay her burdens at the Savior's feet. He who said, 'Suffer the little children to come unto Me, and forbid them not,' still invites the mothers to lead up their little ones to be blessed by Him. Even the babe in its mother's arms may dwell as under the shadow of the Almighty through the faith of the praying mother. John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit from his birth. If we will live in communion with God, we too may expect the divine Spirit to mold our little ones, even from their earliest moments." {Desire of Ages p 512.3}
                                                                             

I am again faced with this fact: The greatest of my needs is time with Jesus!  If I am communing with Him, I can "expect the divine Spirit to mold 'my' little one, even from her earliest moment."   I greatly desire this!  My time with Jesus should be motivated by my love for Him but this adds even more motivation.  What a wonderful and loving Father we serve, He promises so much!